Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Obama Concedes New Hampshire Primary

I'm watching Obama speak as I type. He's making a good speech as usual. I gotta admit the Dems usually have better speakers. I wonder why. One word I'm getting tired of hearing is "change". It seems to be the catch-phrase of the 2008 campaign. Brit Hume ran a very funny clip on Fox this afternoon lampooning the word "change" as one candidate after another used it over and over. The crew or audience in the background was cracking up.
Another thing that is really starting to piss me off is the term "hiding in the shadows" when one of the candidates refers to illegal aliens. I don't know where you live, but I live in the South Bay area of Los Angeles and the illegals here are sure as hell not in the "shadows". From the hundreds of workers who gather at the day labor hiring center in Harbor City, the E.R. at Harbor UCLA in Torrance, the shit-heads next door who fire up the leaf blowers at eight in the morning on Saturday, to the asshole who wanders down 20th street in the morning shouting "tamales" at the top of his lungs, they're all out in the open. There aren't any shadows here in San Pedro.

No comments: