Thursday, January 10, 2008

RIP Johnny Grant

Being from So Cal means knowing who Johnny Grant is. Although I try and avoid Hollywood nowadays because of traffic, cruising laws, etc... his name will always be associated with the city. He was known as the honorary Mayor of Hollywood for many years and was an all-around good guy. He is among the last of a dying breed of people. With me being 54, I can remember him when I was a youngster and he appeared old even then. The other day I saw an article about him and happened to wonder how old he was. Well, bless his soul because he passed away at the age of 84. If you've ever seen the clips of celebrities getting their stars on the Walk Of Fame, you've probably seen Johnny Grant doing the MC for it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080110/ap_en_mo/obit_grant;_ylt=AlCKUzxTTMiGCLM9yDeqgoG2GL8C

No comments: