Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Timothy Treadwell's Grizzly Encounters In Alaska

I often watch the Discovery Channel and a few years ago they featured a program about Timothy Treadwell . For those who aren't familiar with Mr Treadwell, he was a pseudo Grizzly/Brown Bear expert who spent many Summers in Alaska observing the behavior of the Bears. Last night in the process of Googling a few topics I happened upon one of the Treadwell sites. I spent over two hours reading about his experiences in Alaska.

In 2003 he, along with his companion/girlfriend Amie Huguenard was attacked and eaten by one of the Bears in Alaska. I'm not making fun of Timothy in any way. His death was a waste and a tragedy - but.... he must be given the Lion's share of the blame for his careless disregard for the nature of Bears and by putting himself and Amie in harm's way once too often. While reading about Timothy I came across this shocking YouTube video. I just had to share this. RIP Timothy Treadwell and Amie Huguenard.

Warning: this video may be too intense for younger viewers.

No comments: