Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Rant # 69 - Internet Explorer 8 Blows Goats!

After upgrading from Internet Explorer 7 to Internet Explorer 8 last week I figured my web browsing would be all set. Five days later and another "upgrade" from Microsoft just got rolled back to an earlier version. IMHO Explorer 8 is a total fucking dog. I was running it with XP Pro with service pack 2. Could that have been the problem? I refuse to run Windows Vista again. I used Vista for a month and rolled back to XP. To me Windows Vista is about as worthless as Windows ME

I may not have the fastest PC in the world but it isn't a Toad either. I have an AMD Athlon 64 3200 CPU that runs at 2 Gigahertz with 960 MB of DDR Ram. Not exactly a monster but it should run Explorer 8 well enough. I've had as many as three OS's running (2 versions of Windows and 1 Linux) via a boot loader and have never really had any performance issues. Multi-tasking has never been a problem either. I also keep my Windows Registry maintained and am always defragging my hard drive. Scumware, Spyware, and Viruses have not been a problem either. But - after watching my ani-gifs on this very blog crawling along and not displaying properly the last few days I decided to downgrade back to Explorer 7 and see if it cured my problems. It did.

Anyway, here's another great example of Microsoft fixing something that wasn't broken. Here's hoping the new version of Windows doesn't suffer from the same performance "issues" as their sorry-ass browser Explorer 8 seems to have. I did some Google research on the Web and found a shitload of complaints about Explorer 8 so I know the problem it isn't just me.

Thank God for monopolies or Microsoft would be out of business based on some of their applications. Bare in mind I am not one of those people who make a habit of bashing Microsoft. I really admire most of the apps, but it's no wonder the Web is so thick with Bill Gates jokes. You gotta love the old Geek though.... he keeps coming back with the same buggy, resource hogging shit over and over and look where it's gotten him.

2 comments:

Mr. 133 said...

I don't have a problem with explorer 8 because I run FireFox, a superior browser

Greasywrench AKA rich b said...

I am going to consider running FireFox again. I did run it once before but stopped using it and for the life of me I can't remember why. As of now IE7 seems to be working fine.