Saturday, May 17, 2008

More European Dhimis Grovel For Islam

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,356295,00.html

Thanks to Jammie Wearing Fool for posting the link to this story. I am stunned that so many of our European friends have forgotten the lessons of WWII. This ties in very well with the Bush "appeasement" speech a few days ago.

The Dutch have jailed a satirist and political cartoonist for speaking out in a sarcastic comment on Muslims. (Ted Rall, are you scared? Just kidding.) Anyway, this is becoming a scary situation in Europe now. Are we witnessing the death of free speech? Am I wrong here and am I just trying to impose the values and freedoms we take for granted in the U.S.A. on our European jellyfish, oops, I meant friends?

About a month ago I posted on what's happening to Bridgette Bardot in France. She dared to voice an opinion about Islam and its cultural impact on France and she was (for the fifth time) hauled into court and charged with some sort of "hate speech violation". Now it seems more of the European sheep are falling into line with their version of P.C. Did I not get the memo? Is free speech and voicing one's opinion now considered hate speech in many European countries now?

How much longer will it take until this Dhimitude spreads across all of Europe? Am I being melodramatic? I don't think so. All of this reminds me of a great comment/poem on the Nazis by Martin Niemoller and about the unwillingness of people to stand up to tyranny. Above is a picture of the Holocaust Memorial in New England for anyone who cares to read it. The words are as fresh and relevant today as they were seventy-five years ago. Please click on the thumbnail at the top/left of this page and read the words. I dare you to NOT see a parallel with what's happening today.

No comments: