Thursday, July 5, 2012

When It Rains It Fucking Pours!

Man I can't catch a break lately. Last Saturday when uninstalling a huge program (Corel Video Studio) my computer locked up and corrupted the Master File Table. The end result was three-hundred gigs of software, music, and video went sailing off into cyber space and out of my secondary D drive.

On Tuesday my brand new LiteOn DVD burner (which was a Father's Day present from Mrs B) decided to bite the bullet thanks to an exploding data DVD. After thirteen years of burning CD and DVD discs it's my first one to actually come apart. Even something as small and light as a DVD-Rom will do some serious damage if it grenades at fifty-thousand RPM. Why in the fuck didn't the damn thing have the decency to blow up in my old drive! Now I have to go out and buy a brand new burner less than three weeks after getting ... A BRAND NEW BURNER! 

And to top off all of this shit I have what may or may not be a virus or software conflict. My computer is crashing as if it has a bad memory stick. Either that or the CPU is getting too hot. I ran some on-line tests to check both out and the results are negative. But ... I know the Windows prompts and messages when a system runs out of memory (resources) and it ain't looking good. I'm thoroughly confused and pissed.

And now for the latest indignity - I'm now getting a "Flash Player Script Error" prompt/message every time I do a new post here on Blogspot or view my blog posts. WTF! I guess it's time to do another wipe and format and start all over. SHIT!

I'm blaming all of this shit on Chief Justice John Roberts. Everything was fine until he rendered his idiot decision.

No comments: