Friday, April 12, 2013

RIP Jonathan Winters 1925 - 2013

Just my opinion but Jonathan Winters, who was one of, if not the best comedians of our (and all) time passed away on Thursday. He wasn't vulgar, obscene or tacky. He was just plain funny.

As a young teen in the late sixties and early seventies I was a regular viewer of The Jonathan Winters show on television. The "Face The Folks" segment and the various characters he came up with were among the funniest bits ever produced. Often acting on pure improvisation he could have me rolling on the floor at any given time. And I am NOT exaggerating.

With characters such as Maud Frickert, Chester Hunnyhugger, and Bjorn Bjorn the Viking, he was priceless. It will be a long damn time before ANY comedian comes along and even comes close to Jonathan. Today's clowns have to rely on shock, profanity, racism and other low forms of comedy to get laughs. I don't think I ever heard Jonathan Winters even come close to being vulgar. He could be suggestive with just a wink or nod but never dirty. RIP funny man.

Thanks for all the laughs Jonathan

No comments: